Frequently asked questions

💶 What do I have left to do after payment?

To finalize your request, you'll need to send us a photocopy of your passport with the page containing the photo, valid for at least six months after your return to France. This will be sent to us in reply to the payment confirmation you will receive by email. This may take up to an hour to reach you.

⚠ The photocopy of the passport must be legible and in color. There is no limit on size or weight via our site.

✅ Belgian, French, German, Italian or Portuguese nationals can travel to Egypt with their ID card valid for at least 6 months after the date of return to France. They must then also bring a passport photo.

🎫 Can we travel to Egypt with the ID card alone?

✅ Belgian, French, German, Italian or Portuguese nationals can apply for an e-Visa Egypt with their ID card valid for at least 6 months after the date of arrival in Egypt. They must then also bring a passport photo.

Start the application

📋 What documents do I need to present to immigration in Egypt?

Once in Egypt, you will have to present these documents to the immigration officer:

  • your passport or identity card, valid for at least six months after your arrival in Egypt. (To renew or apply for your first passport, we can help you with your pre-application via
  • your printed e-Visa sent to you by email(apply)
  • your exact travel itinerary in Egypt
  • Proof of hotel reservations/details on places to visit

🗺 What are the places to enter Egypt?

All Egyptian immigration points (air, sea or land) are eligible for e-Visa.

👩‍✈ What is the difference with a visa on arrival?

The visa on arrival, previously used for travel to Egypt, has several constraints:

  • a risk of refusal to publish on site, requiring your repatriation
  • a sometimes long wait
  • stress about documents that are difficult to understand
  • a risk of not having the necessary supporting documents or information
  • you must have American dollars to pay
  • visa on arrival multiplies contacts, to be avoided during the Covid-19 crisis

The e-Visa allows you to simplify your visit to Egypt and covers most of the tourist stays in Egypt.

Start the application

✈️ How can I obtain a free transit visa?

The transit visa allows you to stay in Egypt for between 8 and 96 hours free of charge.
Certain conditions must be met:

  • travel with EgyptAir
  • enter Egypt viaCairo airport
  • complete the form at the EgyptAir transit office

❌ What happens if my visa application is denied or I am not eligible?

If you do not meet the criteria to apply for an e-Visa, or if the e-Visa application is denied, you can still apply for a "traditional" visa from the Egyptian government. Contact the nearest Egyptian embassy or consulate.

See the list of Egyptian embassies abroad

If the e-Visa has been denied after an application on our website, the e-Visa application will be refunded in full.

⏳ How long is this visa valid for?

The e-Visa is valid for 30 days in Egypt from the date of entry into the country

Once your e-Visa is issued, you have 3 months to arrive in Egypt.

The multiple entry visa is valid for 6 months.

⏰ How long does it take to get your e-Visa?

As a general rule, e-Visas for Egypt are issued within 72 hours for urgent departures, starting from the sending of your documents.

This delay is purely indicative, and not a commitment on our part, because we are dependent on the administrative services in Egypt.

📃 Want to extend your tourism e-Visa?

The e-Visa for Egypt is unfortunately not extendable, nor convertible into a traditional visa. In this case, please contact the Egyptian authorities to apply for a traditional visa.

👶 Does this e-Visa also affect minors?

The Egyptian government does not differentiate between an adult and a minor. The minor will have to have his/her own passport and thus apply for a standard e-Visa. The fee is the same for an adult and a minor.

🧒 Do I need to apply for a Permit to leave the country for my child?

If the minor leaves the French territory without a legal guardian, he or she must have an AST (authorization to leave the country). This document can be requested online, and must be filled out by one of the holders of parental authority. When traveling, this form must be accompanied by a copy of the identity card of the legal guardian.

🚨 What if you made a mistake in your application?

If you become aware of an error before sending your administrative documents, please indicate the correction to be made when sending these documents.

After this time, the corrections cannot be applied. We invite you to contact us for more information.

Once the e-Visa has been issued, its data cannot be changed. You will have to submit a new application if your information differs significantly.

❎ Want to cancel your application?

Unfortunately, once paid, an e-Visa application is not refundable. Please contact us for more information.

✅ Is my personal information secure?

The data you may enter on this site is protected and only used to obtain the e-Visa you require. Your data will be destroyed upon your arrival in Egypt, unless otherwise instructed.

Finally, our payment process is secure, and no banking data concerning you is stored on our servers.